Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in PMS
With SIP, you can channel your monthly savings (as little as Rs 50k a month) into investments in your PMS account.
1) What is (SIP) Systematic Investment Plan?
A systematic investment allows you to invest small amounts periodically instead of lumpsum. In PMS, an existing client ( with a minimum initial investment of 50 Lakhs ) can top up their existing portfolio with a pre-defined schedule.
2) What is the minimum amount to start SIP?
The minimum amount of SIP is Rs. 50,000/- and you can add more in an increments of Rs 50,000 like 1 lakh, 1 lakh 50 thousand, etc.
3) What is the frequency available in SIP?
Clients can set up a Monthly SIP or a Quarterly SIP. The debit date is fixed for all clients as the 7th of the Month / subsequent month of the calendar Quarter. The flexibility to opt for a different date and frequency is currently unavailable.
If the 7th of the month/quarter falls on a non-business day, the debit will happen on the next working day.
4) What are the Eligibility criteria to start a SIP?
(i) Initial investment in the portfolio should be 50 lakhs or more.
(ii) PMS account holders should also be one of the account holders in the Bank account.
(iii)The PMS account should be a Resident category account.
5) What is the minimum number of installments for SIP?
For setting up a Monthly SIP minimum, 5 installments are mandatory.
For Quarterly SIP, a minimum of 4 installments are mandatory. Quarterly debit will happen on 1st month of the Calendar quarter. Eg. 7th of January, 7th of April, 7th of July, 7th of October
6) How can an Existing Investor set up SIP with Marcellus PMS?
There are two ways of doing this A) Via Online mode B) Via Physical mode
7) What email Template I need to use while writing to Clientsupport@marcellus.in ?
Use the below template and attach a scanned copy of the Cancelled Cheque while sending an email request.
SIP Set up Mode : Online / Physical
|PMS Account Code:|
|Investor Name :|
|Name of Strategy :|
| SIP Amount(min. 50,000/-)
| Frequency of SIP Debit:
Monthly / Quarterly :
|Start date: :|
| Bank Details: If you want to use your Registered bank a/c then just "Yes"
If you want to set this up from a new Bank account, kindly attach a canceled cheque copy of the new Bank A/c.
| SIP Debit Date is Fixed as 7th of Every Month/ Quarter
8) How will SIP work? –
- SIP will be debited on the 7th of every month. ( Calendar quarter for quarterly SIPs)
- The minimum Tranche of SIP has to be Rs. 50,000.
- The SIP mandate should be registered before the 30th of the month so that debits can be enabled from the subsequent month.
9) Will I get charged if the SIP installment gets declined?
Yes, your Bank might charge a Direct debit fail charge. Please check with your bank to know the exact amount.
10) Can I Cancel / Stop my SIP in between?
Yes. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of the month to cancel the SIP from the next month. Same-month cancellation is difficult, so please let us know well in advance for cancellation.
11) What is the cost of setting up SIP?
There is no set-up cost for SIP.
12) If invested in multiple strategies, can the client invest with 1 SIP form?
No, the Client needs to fill up separate forms for each strategy.
13) Can someone start his PMS a/c with SIP?
Existing Clients who have already invested capital of 50 Lakhs in their Portfolio account can start a SIP. If a client's account is unfunded then he needs to fund his PMS account with 50 Lakhs and then he can create a SIP.
14) Can the client do partial redemption in between his SIP?
Yes, subject to maintaining a minimum balance of 50 lakhs.
15) Can NRI clients opt in for SIP?
No, Only Resident Individual and Non-Individual clients can opt for SIP mode.